The conference seeks to bring together stakeholders and showcase the best current research on the pressing challenges of taxation and revenue in Nigeria today, exchange ideas, and begin conversations. Submissions are sought from academics, tax professionals, social research groups and NGOs, or independent scholars.
The overarching theme of the two-day event is ‘Revenue challenges online and offline: Bridging the digital divide in an analogue economy,’ and papers featuring original research on any subject addressing this theme or sub-themes including:
- Domestic resource mobilisation
- Monitoring and taxation of the digital economy
- Reaching across the digital divide
- International taxation and e-commerce
- Old and new tax practices
- Informal and formal revenue
- Tax burdens
- Taxation, economic growth and business policy
- Tax compliance
- Fairness, reciprocity and social contract
- Legitimacy and public acceptance
- Sub-national variations
More information available here.